Woman charged with endangering welfare of minors wants no contract order dropped

wireready_03-15-2025-10-22-03_00012_catrinachristinedavis


A woman accused of being heavily intoxicated, threatening a man with a gun and firing the weapon inside a residence while children were present was in Baxter County Circuit Court last Monday (March 10) to ask that a no contact order be dropped so she can see her children.

Circuit Judge John Putman said he would not drop the order until he had more information on plans for visitation. He commented from the bench that the affidavit in the case, “looks really bad – pistols being fired in the house while children were present. The charges are very serious.”

A continuation of the hearing is set for April 7.

On February 10, 39-year-old Catrina Christine Davis entered a not guilty plea to charges, including aggravated assault, being a felon in possession of a firearm, four counts of terroristic threatening and three counts of endangering the welfare of a minor.

On February 2, Baxter County sheriff’s deputies responded to a call reporting a heavily intoxicated woman firing a gun inside a house with children present.

When the deputies arrived, they reported that Davis “stumbled” outside and said she had been the one who had fired the weapon.

The deputies reported the odor of alcohol coming from Davis’ person and having to assist her several times in keeping her balance.

Davis said she was a felon and had recently completed her probation.

She said she had fired the gun following an argument with her then boyfriend.

The victim was found in a bedroom off the living room with three children who were reported to be crying and “visibly distressed.”

The deputies were told that Davis had grabbed the boyfriend’s 9 mm pistol off a bookcase and initially held it to her own head threatening to shoot herself.

When the victim attempted to intervene, Davis is reported to have fired a round into the ceiling before reportedly sticking the barrel of the pistol in the man’s mouth.

She is alleged to have threatened to kill everyone in the house, including herself.

The victim said all three children were awake when the incident unfolded and one of them called 911 after the gun discharged.

An older child who was not at the residence when the incident occurred called one of her siblings who was in the home and was able to record what was being said on her phone.

According to the probable cause affidavit, Davis is alleged to have removed the magazine from the pistol and then tossed the firearm toward the master bedroom.

Deputies recovered the weapon and found that while the magazine had been removed, one live round remained in the chamber. A single bullet hole was found in the ceiling.

There have been several petitions for orders of protection filed to keep Davis away from those filing the petitions. She has also filed petitions against others, including a woman she said her “wife was cheating with.” Most of the petitions were dropped.

The children are living with relatives.

Davis is free on a $25,000 bond.

WebReadyTM Powered by WireReady® NSI